Thursday, March 24, 2011

Navigating Raindrops

Too many times
has the sun set over my eyes
when they remain open,
and too many times
has the dawn caught them
stuck open like a jammed window.

I'm stuck,
a time-traveler,
caught in an eddy
of the continuum
as it speeds by,
leveling any sense
of the normality
I've always dreamed existed
but have not yet found.

I'm confused,
a dog that doesn't realise
that it's master has only
gone to the market,
and will be back
in a few hours,
instead fearing the worst;
they're gone for good,
comatose, never to return.

I navigate raindrops,
mapping them out like
you might a city,
knowing that just like rain,
a city will crumble against the ground
given enough time.

I change every decade,
every one of your whims,
an intrinsic part of who I am.
Next week I'll be more optimistic,
after all, a century will have
been left in the dust.

For every twenty years
that you grace the earth,
I'm on it for twenty five.
When you're eighty,
I'll be one hundred.

A geezer.

A crazy old nocturnal geezer,
begging for a time
when our suns will align,
and I will reap the mortality
of normality;
when I embrace the world
through a lens that isn't blurred
by my slightest movement.

-mine

No comments:

Post a Comment