Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Compulsion

Why,
when I walk the dark alone,
do I hear crying
from the lamps that flicker
as I pass?

Why,
when I walk the tracks alone,
do I hear sobs
from the ties
around me?

Why,
when I walk the streets alone,
do I hear wailing
from the paint lines
bisecting the road?

Why,
when I walk the woods alone,
do I hear tears
trickling down
every branch, in every tree?

Why,
when I reach the clearing alone,
do I hear the Moon
cry out to me,
telling me to come home?

Why does it sound so compelling?

-once again mine, but come on, you knew that already

1 comment:

  1. the tears trickling down the trees seems to give a stronger image than the other illustrations (at least for me). theory: an emotional word is given for the rain/ meling ice on the branches outside right now.

    when you write, is there one line that you come up with and then construct around or a strong idea/emotion you wish to convey?

    ReplyDelete