Monday, March 14, 2011

Mother Moon

I knew who I was
the moment she called out to me.
I knew I was a tide,
and like all my kin,
she would determine my
ebb and flow.

I am halfway to ebbing,
halway through flowing.
She is at her standstill,
like only she can be.

I gaze at her atop a hill,
gaze through the trees;
through the sky,
and see her
in her beautiful white dress
tinged with gold.
She's dancing with
her older children,
the one's who have already spent
their days as waves;
crashing and receding.

One day we'll crash our last,
and she'll call to us again;
reach down to us again,
with her silver hands
reflecting off the clouds.
And we will join our siblings
in the black void,
dancing in our mother's light.

-yuppers, it's mine

1 comment:

  1. nice antidote.

    I like how it starts with self identity, and identifying a "parent" image,
    while the second deals with self-placement/action,
    the third describes a view outside of ego-centrism,
    and the 4th ends the cycle.

    your brought personification to the wave not just by giving it feeling, but by putting the wave through cycles of natural human life and giving it something intimate to interact with.

    any inspiration?

    ReplyDelete