Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Life...and why I didn't like it that much.

I'll be honest: I skimmed this book. I skimmed it because when I started reading it, my only thoughts going through my head were, "this is dumb" and "my brain hurts from not sleeping for two days". That's right, we were supposed to read this book when I was in my monthly insomniac recharge hibernation.

But to be honest, that's not why I didn't like it. Language poetry seems to exist to break rules and norms that I simply couldn't care less about. Good job Lyn, on getting a book deal that goes through multiple printings by writing poetry that some of your colleagues don't even agree is actually poetry! And trust me, I say this with all sincerity: good job.

Lyn, I'll probably never again open that book, unless I happen to find it in the divider of my couch like I did this morning, but I'll also acknowledge that some people do like it, so I have this to say: "Does anyone want my copy? I'll sell it for cheap. Enjoy. Really do, once again with all sincerity, I don't like it, but I'm glad you do. Now give me the money and get out of my room."

1 comment:

  1. Cory, I would be more persuaded if you actually wrote about some of her language and offered readers a glimpse of her writing.

    ReplyDelete