Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I hope you enjoy the part about the cat.

In a moment you can realize just how much someone cares.
And how much they don't.
But in the end,
Fuck it,
Because the storm's already here
And not one of you has made peace with your god.

Pucker up for the big goodbye,
Because that silver fish just darted by,
And remember life as how it was
Full of homework
Thoughts of suicide
And the occasional soda
Sliding down your gullet
As the box screams
"Finish Him!"

Man, I tell ya
I'd hate to be the person
Who doesn't want to be immortal.
If in the end you're not satisfied
All it means is that you've never lied.

Also, as a sidenote;
Damn, the dead man's right,
Cat's are really fricken' cute.

-mine...the part about the fish I took/was inspired by Mr. Collins, The Art of Drowning. I'm really tired, really, really tired. But I'm not done. Not done with enough. So here I am, and here's what popped out of my tired skull. I hope you enjoyed the part about the cat.

2 comments:

  1. your poem seems to reflect recent conversation; also, in the end, the center of the galaxy is a black hole. i love how the poem ends with a defiant "screw it, i'll be who i want to be because that's who i am!" in a comical sense instead of just a depressed or angry state. so, yes, i did enjoy the part about cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dr. Awesomesocks.
    I appreciate reading your blog the most. I enjoy your poetry. Something I have noticed from our brief interactions is that parts of your poetry sound like your speaking voice and some don't at all. Why is that? Also I believe poetry is about the connections it makes between people and for some reason I can connect with your thoughts and that scares and excites me. nice job to you as a poet.

    ReplyDelete