Sunday, September 18, 2011

Built Into a World

I've  been given visions
by the moon
and courage by the rain
direction from the wind
and support from the earth
rage from the lightning
and shelter from the trees

they tell me to love her
or rather
that I will
tis fate
destiny
pre-ordained

I rebel,
for while loyal to my lover
the moon has no direct control

I rebel
for I feel my humanity
drawing to a close

I was raised a man
not an avatar to some bizarre ideal
to some essence of the forest
heart of the storm

but raised or no,
I became

born into a human shell,
an outcaste in my skin

Silence
is such a human ambition

Find me in the Silence

God gave me no silence

I look to
the wind
the fire
the tree
earth
animal
storm
moon

I was born
created
by him
as a link
between human ideals
human connections
and the wrong path

I was created differently
wrongly
corrupted
tainted
by our loving God

for a reason

he forced upon me
the uneven footing,
the cracked path
the unsure way,

and I graciously accepted

born for the role.

I kneel before him
beside you
amongst the world
the material existence
the Creation

I kneel a tempest
of fire and fury
rain and laughter
lightning and instinct
animal and man;
my lover Moon
at my side
before he who has built me
into a world

-mine

1 comment: