Monday, May 16, 2011

Just Enough

You may understand,
you may comprehend,
you may even have
the slightest sense of empathy.

It changes nothing.

Until you hear your bones
scream that they want out
of your tight skin wrapped box
you do not talk of pain.

Come and free me,
come and bite our legacy
into my flesh
so that it may carve out
a new being of my body;
a new form of my soul.

When they run free they will have peace.
When they engorge themselves on passion
they will be home.

When I am no longer the enemy,
when my own skeleton is no longer a cage,
then shall I find bliss.

Never before.

If only I could not smell the distance between us.
If only my hackels would stay slicked back
when my thoughts turn to you.
If only my spine would stay still around you,
instead of arching in a blind panic.

But my bones remain a prison,
and only one of my kind has a key.

Find me my brothers,
Find me my sisters,
Find me my pachmates
lost in the sea of the world,
and open my marrow cell.

Find me, so I may change,

just enough to stay the same.


-mine

No comments:

Post a Comment